After offering services in the City of Washington, Washington County, PA, since 1991, TRPIL bought our existing building in 2000.
TRPIL needs to raise funds to help perform the environmental remediation, renovation, and new construction of the former YWCA building to make it into a fully accessible, modern and environmentally “green” office for our members and the wider community.
Thanks NiSource & Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania
We here at TRPIL would like to offer a sincere THANK YOU to our good friends at NiSource & Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania for their generous donation to our Capital Campaign! This donation will go directly towards the installation of a consumer/personal care attendant training kitchen in our new program & community center at 42 W Maiden St in Washington!
How You Can Help
— Tom Ridge, former PA Governor, Chairman of the National Organization on Disability, and good friend of TRPIL
See our video on TRPIL, the YWCA building, and the fundraising effort here:
There are many naming opportunities available for the YWCA Building. Please consider attaching your name to this historic building! For more information, please contact Joann Naser at 724-223-5115 or Email Joann.
- Wellness Center—$120,000
- Training Center—$120,000
- Auditorium and Stage —$915,200
- Conference Area—$90,000
- General Office Space—$2,400,000
- Life Safety Area—$421,200
- Main Foyer—$120,000
- Main Reception Area—$79,200
- Exterior Renovations—$200,000
- Pool Area—$490,560
- Lobby/Reception Level 3—$69,660
- CEO Office and Smart
- Office Technology—$80,000
- Volunteer Room—$96,800
- Lobby/Reception Level 4—$69,660
- Landscaping/Parking Areas—$536,000
Capital Campaign Webpages
- The YWCA Building
- What We Plan to Do
- Capital Campaign Events
- Capital Campaign Partners
- Fundraising Progress
- TRPIL Capital Campaign Committee
- TRPIL Capital Campaign Q & A
- Renovation News
- Current Status: Internal demolition done; bidding interior renovation.
- “Why the Y Building is Important to Me” Stories
- “Letting Freedom Ring for People With Disabilities: TRPIL Case for Support March 2018” (Our most recent case statement.)
- “Washington PA YWCA 50th Anniversary 1959” (an article from 1958, describing the history of the structure and the YWCA organization in Washington, PA)
- Email Development