Services for Students

Youth with disabilities giving a presentationIEP or 504 Advocacy

The Youth Specialist can attend your Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan meeting as your advocate and to provide information on community resources to assist with a successful outcome.

We can teach you how to run your IEP or 504. You will need to know who to invite, what resources will help you, and what questions to ask. You will need to learn to speak up for yourself and we can help you learn the skills to do this.

Independent Living Skills

Do you ever want to live in your own place? Do you ever want to get somewhere without relying on your mom or dad? The youth specialist at TRPIL can teach you the skills you need to get independence. Some examples are:

  • How to use the transportation programs for people with disabilities.
  • How to do laundry
  • How to budget
  • How to shop at the grocery store
  • How to cook
  • How to find a job

For more information about how to schedule an interview for your student, contact the Youth Specialist at 724-223-5115 ext 614, or email the Youth Department.

See also Skills Training and Transition for more general skills training and transition information.