Our Washington office has many free resources available to members and consumers:
- A fully accessible Computer Internet Café with Internet access, common office programs, specialized educational software, and personal and class instruction on various computer issues (social media, email, online employment searches, etc.).
- A wellness gym with adaptive equipment that can be used by people with a wide variety of disabilities. Examples of this include a rickshaw machine used for improving the strength of muscles used for transfers and wheelchair propulsion, gripping aids for enhancing limited grip or hand function when using wellness equipment, an arm-bike for cardio workouts, and Wii-assisted aerobics exercise and sports.
- An Assistive Technology Resource Center. TRPIL is the local outreach partner of the statewide program known as Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT), serving Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Somerset, and Washington counties. Assistive Technology (AT) is any device that allows persons with disabilities to live, work, and play more independently and effectively.
- A Direct Care Worker (DCW) Training Center, that focuses on the core competencies needed for quality and consumer-directed care.
- The TRPIL Book Corner: We have hardbacks, paperbacks, and magazines, as well as music CDs and audiobooks on CDs. All items are available for free – bring something to share, take one or two that look interesting.
At this time, our Wilkins Township Office only has resources for DCW Training and limited consumer and member visits.
Additionally, TRPIL operates a small transportation fleet of accessible vehicles, which is slowly expanding to meet the increasing needs of our organization and membership.