Personal Assistance Services (PAS)
TRPIL Community Services PAS provides services to individuals with a disability between the ages of 18-59 and seniors over the age of 59 in Allegheny, Beaver, Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties.
- Light Housekeeping
- Accompaniment within the community
Program Eligibility: Getting Services in Your HomeWe provide PAS for the following seven (7) state-funded programs/waivers:
- ACT 150 Program & Attendant Care Waiver: Eligibility & Services
- OBRA Waiver: Eligibility & Services
- Independence Waiver: Eligibility & Services
- COMMCARE Waiver: Eligibility & Services
- Aging Waiver: Eligibility & Services
- OPTIONS Program: Eligibility & Services
Call TRPIL today at 724.223.5115 to get more information.
TRPIL Community Services promotes and provides consumer-directed personal assistance services under a unique model that we call the Consumer-Delegated Model. High quality, agency-based services are enhanced through payroll services and extensive training opportunities. These services are available under Medicaid or Private Pay arrangements.Two models of PAS are offered:
- Agency Model: Agency-employed Direct Care Workers (DCWs) provide personal assistance services in your home.
- Consumer-Delegated Model: This model enables you to identify and select the Direct Care Workers who will provide services in your home. You manage your home care attendant. Your services are provided according to your Service Coordination Plan that authorizes your care for specific services. These individuals will go through TRPIL's hiring process. They must pass all required screenings and complete Direct Care Worker training before they can be paid to work for you. This model is often referred to as the Agency with Choice model or the Co-Employment Model.
Quality AssuranceQuality Assurance coordinating for TRPIL Community Services began September 28, 2009. Quality assurance for a service organization like ours is different than for manufacturing companies. We don't walk on an assembly line with a lighted hat and clipboard! Through QA coordination of policy and procedure documents, we:
- Ensure that our consumers' rights are protected with an emphasis on the philosophy of Independent Living.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards, laws, and statutes.
- Clearly define the steps in various processes and who is responsible for each.
We oversee internal audits in preparation for audits by organizations such as the Department of Health, which have oversight responsibilities for agencies like ours.
Links & Resources
- See also Training for Direct Care Workers and the Hiring a Direct Care Worker FAQs.
- DCW Scheduling
- Learn more about the Consumer Workforce Council. Our Governor-appointed Council will bring Consumer Employers to the table to talk directly to the Commonwealth about working conditions for their attendant employees.
- Family Caregiver Alliance hosts valuable resources.
- Direct Care Worker's Registry for Washington, Fayette, and Green Counties of PA.
- National ADAPT for freedom as a civil right.
- Where do Waivers come from? (Katie Beckett's Story)
Email TRPIL Community Services.