Independent Living History
- Check out this site for a discussion of disability rights around the world from 1944 to today .
- Also see this virtual tour on Google Arts & Culture on the ADA (great photos!).
Learn about the Independent Living Center Movement
- Essay on my adventure in the IL Movement
- It Started with ATTITUDES
- Roland Sykes' Battle Plan from HERE (12/16/1996)
- A Disabled Manifesto
- ESCAPE from a Nursing Home
- Historical People in the Disability Rights Movement
- History of Act 150 Attendant Care in PA
- The Lesson I Learned
- History of Shared Ride in PA for PWD's
- CILs are an Untapped Resource
- Why Join TRPIL?
People Make Our History...
In addition to looking at our information on Historical People in the independent living movement, please check out the following links:
- Tom Olin: Social Documentarian - We have created this page to provide you with information about Tom Olin and his personal Journey.
- Lives Worth Living is an historical documentary about the Disability Rights Movement and a biography about Fred Fay, one man's struggle to survive.
- It's Our Story collaborate on putting disability history online
- Eugenics Story history online of the conspiracy to deprive people with disabilities basic human right to have children.
Online Disability History
- DIMENET was one of the earliest accessible, consumer-controlled computer bulletin board networks for coordinating and mediating disability advocacy and programs online.
- Institute on Disability Culture resources,
- Roland Sykes' Battle Plan from HERE, on TRPIL (then TRIPIL) becoming a consumer-controlled CIL.