TRPIL Community Services Training for Direct Care Workers (DCWs)
Our workforce of Direct Care Workers support individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community.
Direct care work is not just a job — it is a rewarding career path.
DCW Training Program
Our training is supported by TRPIL’s purpose and values: that people with disabilities have the right to determine how to live independently in their community.
The Direct Care Worker Training Center focuses on the core competencies needed for quality and consumer-directed care:
- Methods of lifting.
- Basic universal precautions.
- Hands-on and body mechanics.
- Assistance with medication.
- Nutrition and meal preparation.
- Work ethic and professionalism.
- Conflict management and communication methods.
- Issues on abuse and neglect.
- Specialized skills for specific disabilities.
- Supporting consumer direction and choice through the independent living philosophy.
- An introduction to diversity and cultural competence training.