Kathleen Kleinmann served as the founding director of Tri-County Partnership for Independent Living in 1990 and now is the Chief Executive Officer of TRPIL in Washington, PA.
Prior Professional Experience:
- New Jersey Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
Long Term Care Unit, 1975 - 1979
- Three Rivers Center for Independent Living
1982 - 1986
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pittsburgh
1987 - 1999
- Is in program development and has an outstanding record of achievement in organizing "first time" events that become the template for on-going projects.
- Has extensive history serving as organizer and trainer for the National Council on Independent Living, Statewide Independent Living Council, and Pennsylvania Council on Independent Living; ADAPT.
- One of the major organizers of the first statewide independent living conference and the first national conference held by the National Council on Independent Living.
- Was one of the earliest pioneers in applications of computers and the internet to disability advocacy and programs through work with DIMENET.
- Provides training as a consultant on advocacy and independent living philosophy.
Education background includes:
- Masters in Public Health, Univ. of Pittsburgh, 1982
- Masters in Social Work, Florida State Univ., 1975
- Bachelor's in Rehabilitation Education & Social Welfare, Penn State, 1974.
Has received the Pennsylvania Independent Living 1995 Wade Blank Award and 1999 Hall of Fame Award for outstanding dedication and contribution.