Transitional Paths to Independent Living: Homepage > TRPIL FAQs
TRPIL Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What Does "Independent Living" Mean?
- Why Does TRPIL Make Such a Fuss About Lack of Access?
- Why Should I Become a Member?
- Does TRPIL Offer Residential Facilities?
- I Have Some Old Computer/Medical Equipment... Can I Give It to TRPIL?
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Do you do criminal background checks & drug screening?
- Are Direct Care Workers certified in CPR?
- Are the aides insured & bonded through your agency?
- What competencies are expected of the aides?
- How do you assess what the attendant is capable of doing?
- What is your policy on providing a substitute direct care worker in the event a regular direct care worker cannot perform the services in your contract?
- If there is dissatisfaction with a particular attendant, can he or she be replaced without cause?
- Does the agency provide a supervisor who is responsible for regularly evaluating the quality of home care?
- Does the supervision occur over the telephone, through progress reports or in person at the home of the consumer?
- What is the Purpose of TRPIL's Capital Campaign?
- Why Should the Community Support TRPIL's New Headquarters?
- How Can the Community Help?
- Why Do You Need a New Headquarters in Washington?
- When Are You Moving Into the Y Building?
- Is TRPIL Re-Opening the YWCA Pool?
Have Another Question?
Please ask here, and your question will be answered.